SURV Church Member Covenant
(Scripture References: Luke 13:3, John 3:16-19, 36, 5:39-40, Romans 10:9, Acts 8:36-39, Eph 2:8-10)
- Repent of sin and believe in Jesus as both Savior and Lord. (Luke 13:1-5)
- Be baptized by full bodily immersion in water.
- Commit to all elements of the MEMBER COVENANT
(Scripture References: Acts 2:1-21, 38-47, 1 Corinthians 11:18-20; Hebrews 10:25)
- Commit to regular attendance of church worship services
- Commit to Jesus as the center of all worship and not self and/or other persons/things.
- Commit to regular participation in the Lord’s Supper.
(Scripture References: Isa 55:6, Matt 6:9-13, Matt 7:7, Phil 4:6, James 5:16, 1 Thess 5:17, Matt 21:22. 1 John 5:14)
- Commit to regular personal prayer.
- Commit to regular attendance of church prayer ministries.
(Scripture References: Mat 28:18-20, Eph 4:15-16, 1 Pet 2:2-5, 2 Pet 2:5-8)
- Commit to the overall vision and values of the church.
- Commit to the overall discipleship process.
- Commit to regular personal bible study.
- Commit to regular attendance of church bible studies.
(Scripture References: John 17:10-21, Acts 2:42, Eph 4:1-3, 1 Thess 5:11, Heb 10:25)
- Commit to enroll and regularly participate in life groups (small groups).
- Commit to at least one accountability partner.
- Commit to regular participation in church activities & events.
(Scripture References: Mat 5:16, John 1:46, John 4:29, 1 Cor 2:2, 2 Cor 5:14-15, 1 Pet 2:9, 1 Pet 3:15, 1 Pet 4:10-11)
- Commit to regular witnessing to the unsaved.
- Commit to biblical training in evangelism.
(Scripture References: Rom 12:3-8, 1 Cor 12, Eph 4:11-14, 1 Pet 4:7-11)
- Commit to active involvement in a ministry that utilizes your spiritual gift(s).
- Commit to support the church’s ministry value that 100% of members are involved in ministry.
(Scripture References: Num 18:21-32, Mat 6:1-4, 1 Cor 16:1-4, 2 Cor 8, 9)
- Commit to give generously to the church. Tithing should be viewed, as a strong foundation in giving (not assumed as the only practice of giving).
- Commit to support members who may need church assistance based on biblical guidelines.
- Commit to practice biblical stewardship in all areas of life and seek godly counsel & training as needed.
(Scripture References: Mat 18:15-20, 1 Cor 5:1-11)
- Submit to church discipline as outlined in Matthew 18:15-20 and other relevant Scripture.
- Commit to repentance of sin and forgiveness from God and offended party.
- Commit to character building and restoration as fundamental purposes of discipline and not simply punishment.
(Scripture References: Ps 29:10, Mat 7:28-29, John 6:63, John 10:25-30, John 14: 16,26, 2 Tim 3:16-17, 2 Pet 1:19-21, Heb 13:7,17)
- Commit to Jesus as Lord who has full authority over your life.
- Commit to the Holy Spirit as the number one Guide in your life.
- Commit to the Bible as the supreme and final written authority in life.
- Submit to church leaders’ direction that is biblically based.
(Scripture References: Rom 12:9-21, Col 3:12-17, Eph 4:17-32, Eph 5:22-6:4)
- Commit to building a strong Christian family (household).
- Commit to being a godly neighbor and citizen.
- Commit to living a Christian life that brings glory to Jesus Christ.